We are a B-Corp and CarbonNeutral® small batch coffee roaster based in London. We are predominately a wholesale business, supplying some of London’s top restaurants and cafes. We believe in environmentally sustainable and ethically traded coffee, and work with partners all over the world who actively engage community-based improvements. Our ethical trading principles ensure that our successes benefit the entire supply chain and beyond, from direct initiatives at origin to local communities here in the UK. We believe that coffee is a force for good!
We are coffee enthusiasts, with a passion for all things coffee, our people and our clients. Our core values underpin not only who we are but also the way that we operate:
- Be straight up
Be honest in our interactions and stand for what we believe.
- Be invested
Own the final result not just your inputs and invest rather than transact in relationships.
- Be fair and fearless
Award opportunity based on merit and seize, seek and create opportunity.
The Fulfilment Manager plays a key role in our Production Team, leading the daily fulfilment and dispatch of all orders, as well as being responsible for all inbound goods at our production site. The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Be the daily primary point of contact for Customer Service, Sales, Account Management and Marketing requests, communicating and delegating to team as necessary to ensure smooth running of our operations and inventory management.
- Ensure the Fulfilment team are well utilised and working efficiently.
- All packaging operations are completed to the highest quality standard possible, on time and in full, to ensure sufficient stock levels to meet demand.
- All orders are ready for dispatch on time and our 3rd party providers have collected/dispatched as required.
- Maintain the inventory management system, Unleashed, and ensure it is updated in a timely manner following assemblies of goods and dispatch of completed sales orders.
- All consumables are managed effectively, which includes identifying and ordering to prevent out of stock issues
Stock Management (25%)
- Manage stock levels of all production consumables (tape, boxes, taste cards, stickers etc.) including setting up minimum stock levels, performing weekly stock checks ensuring we are never out of stock, and raising POs through our PO system and purchasing goods.
- Be responsible for all inwards goods – including creating a system in the dispatch bay for inwards goods which results in no goods held in the dispatch area at the end of the day, (stock to be allocated a bay). Delivery dockets matched with PO’s and invoices (where possible) checking full delivery of purchase has been made before PO’s are completed in Unleashed. Highlighting and rectifying quickly, any mismatches in PO and POD and liaising with Finance teams and providers to reconcile any issues.
- Technical goods moved to Tech room dispatch area for Tech team to store and complete PO’s.
- Manage rota/planning to ensure roasted coffee collected/delivered to/from Brixton.
Roasting Plan, Packing & Dispatch (75%)
- Lead the packing team to ensure all quality standards contained in the service level agreement (SLA) are understood and met.
- Ensure that the packing team is following the FIFO method when picking stock, operating in the most efficient way possible and fully utilising all packing equipment provided.
- Responsible for ensuring that all assemblies in Unleashed are completed as goods are packed, and all sales orders are completed in Unleashed as sales orders leave the warehouse – and that both are completed no later than by the end of the day.
- Pick list to be printed first thing in the morning and packers informed of the day’s orders. Roast schedule (creation of which is lead by Production Manager) talked over with the roasters and any amendments to this (i.e. following large overnight/weekend orders) to be communicated and actioned accordingly.
- Ensure optimum level of packed stock on hand of key products is maintained in line with the service level agreement.
- Book couriers for domestic and international deliveries, ensuring time deliveries, and advise of any potential delivery issues.
- Work with the Production Manager to ensure sufficient staffing levels, assist with recruitment of permanent and temporary staff.
- Be the primary point of contact for on the day requests from the customer service, sales, account management and marketing teams, communicating and delegating to team as necessary. This includes identifying our valuable customers and ensuring that their needs are meet as a priority when necessary.
- Ensure all records maintained for H&S and SALSA auditing in line with Production Manager.
This role forms part of the Production Team and must possess a flexible attitude towards work.
Specific skills, education and experience desired for the role include:
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Common sense, critical thinking and a sharp eye for attention to detail
- Ability to safely handle heavy loads
- Level 2 food hygiene for manufacturing - training provided
- Level 2 HACCP - training provided
- Experience using forklift preferred, ideally holds forklift licence - training provided
- Fire warden - training provided
- First aid – training provided
- Full clean driving licence
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience and quarterly performance bonus
- 13.5 days annual leave, 1 Mental Health Days per year, 1 Charity Day per year plus bank holidays (these days have been prorated for the part-time hours)
- £50/quarter well-being budget
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch – plus daily lunches cooked by our Founder (and ex-chef), Kurt Stewart
- Learning and development opportunities
- As much coffee as you can drink!
If you are interested in this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and Cover Letter.