Make a delicious Banana Loaf with Dark Chocolate and Coffee for your loved ones this Easter.
- 3 over ripe banana
- 300g plain flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ bicarbonate of soda
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1tsp Nutmeg
- 1tsp Ginger
- 2 eggs
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 150g caster
- 230g unsalted butter melted
- 100g nuts (hazelnut or walnut)
- 150ml double cream
- 20g melted butter
- 1tbsp sugar
- Shot of espresso (we recommend Mount Blend or Bold Pods)
- 200g dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- Flaky salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 160-degrees celsius.
- Mash banana, add eggs, sugar and whisk.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter and continue whisking.
- In a dry pan toast the nuts till you get an nutty aroma. Cool then chop.
- In a separate bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the dry to the wet in two/three batches and fold until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a pre lined and greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 1 hr 30. Or until a skewer comes out clean. Let cool.
Method for the icing:
- Heat the cream, butter, sugar and coffee until simmering.
- Take off the heat and add the chocolate and mix until all combined.
- Let both completely cool before topping the cake and sprinkling the salt on top.