Brand Director - Volcano Coffee Works
- Location: South London, Brixton
- Function: Sales / Marketing
- Sector: Food & Drink
- Hours: Full time
- Contract: Permanent
We believe coffee can be a force for good. As one of the most authentic and trusted specialty coffee brands we pride ourselves on not only roasting the highest quality coffee but championing ethical trade. We are passionate about communicating the virtues of sustainable coffee, both direct to consumers and via our wholesale partners in restaurants and cafes. We believe in merit-based opportunity and that everybody deserves a fair shot.
We are looking for a dynamic and effective Brand Director to join our fast-growing omni-channel business. Reporting to the MD you will be responsible for the brand development of Volcano coffee as well as the end-to-end customer journey from acquisition through sales conversion to fulfilment and customer service. We are looking for someone with entrepreneurial flair, a proven track record and hunger who can lead our brand and commercialization strategy across multi channels and build a winning team to deliver the current growth strategy and business performance KPIs. Digital Marcom and E-commerce will be areas you are confident you can execute to drive outstanding results. You will have a proven record of brand marketing, commercial acumen, effective management and leadership skills, be good with people and numbers and enjoy the thrill of dealing with change, growth and new ideas.
About The Role
A key member of the Executive Team, the Brand Director’s role is pivotal in shaping the next phase of transition and growth of Volcano coffee whilst leading, developing and managing the commercial strategy.
Reporting into and working closely with the MD you will head up brand development and lead an omni-channel functional team of 6 to build brand and business plans, define ways to identify gaps and opportunities and execute brilliantly.
You will build, develop, lead and inspire your team to create a consistent experience that drives our customer and partner acquisition, activation, retention and reactivation across our online and offline channels.
You will be obsessive about the detailed measuring and reporting across all business KPIs, driving the P&L and business model forward, identifying growth opportunities, cost savings and efficiency gains.
A confident decision maker and a collaborative leader, you will own the brand and consumer strategy to meet longer term objectives of developing the brand and increasing revenue, ensuring that the brand proposition remains engaging and inspiring, whilst commercial revenues and profits are protected.
You will innovate in a way, which really does challenge industry norms and truly sets the company apart from their competitors. Working closely with consumer led channels and other teams to drive our messaging and positioning of the brand in alignment with a seasonal marketing calendar. This role provides the opportunity to make an impact in a short space of time, the autonomy to introduce new ideas and implement your strategy.
- Lead Volcano Coffee Works brand, communications and consumer experience.
- Own the revenue growth across channels, achieving outstanding conversion success and strong customer relationships.
- Drive greater customer acquisition and retention across D2C and Grocery channels.
- Lead the Volcano wholesale commercial team, ensuring we grow, and retain customers in line with our business plans and strategy.
- Build a strong network within the coffee, food and consumer brand space, promoting our brand and raising brand awareness at every turn.
- Monitor and evaluate personal progress against KPIs, objectives and commercial priorities.
- Identify and maximise new and existing commercial opportunities within agreed financial parameters.
- Manage and develop a market-leading online trading experience, responsible for site content, customer journey and commercial performance.
- Ownership of product portfolio from inception to sale and everything in between.
- Lead the Volcano marketing team to ensure online and offline outreach is optimised
- Maintain and generate key reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as necessary and present when/where needed.
- Must be able to extract, manipulate and present data to senior management.
- Identify ways to improve the CRO procedure.
Candidates will be commercial professionals with experience gained ideally but not exclusively in FMCG, an F&B challenger brand or hospitality sector. You will need excellent stakeholder management, first rate communication skills matched to the ability to be innovative in spotting commercial opportunities.
We will pay a competitive package based upon your experience and capabilities and will reward success well. We take recruitment very seriously so expect to meet a lot of people before joining. We aim to find people who want to stay and help us build a great company over the long term. Work hard, have fun, laugh, delight customers and succeed. Come and join us!
Please apply in writing with a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org