Pear and Thyme Martini
A fresh, wintery twist on a classic espresso martini, this cocktail uses seasonal fruit and fragrant herbs to compliment the crisp, fruit forward flavours of Discarded Grape Skin Vodka. When paired with our Full Steam Espresso, the result is balanced cocktail perfect for festive celebrations.
30ml Espresso (or strong filter coffee 1:10 ratio) (we recommend Fullsteam)
15ml Pear + Thyme Syrups*
5ml Creme de Poire (optional)
Pinch of sea salt
*How To Make: Pear and Thyme Syrup
100g finely sliced ripe pear
100g white sugar
5g Thyme sprigs
1. Toss the sliced pear and thyme sprigs with the sugar until evenly coated.
2. Leave for about 24 hours at room temperature to macerate, stirring occasionally.
3. Once all the sugar has dissolved, separate the pear pulp from the syrup by straining through a fine sieve.
4. Store in a sealed bottle in the fridge for up to a week.
How To Make: The Martini
1. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake vigorously and fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with a sprig of fresh Thyme.