These delicate snow-dusted Rum cookies are a perfect compliment to a delicious filter coffee, our favourite is Anasora.
50g blanched almonds - Only have whole almonds? Boil them in hot water for 1 minute then transfer to a bowl of ice cold water, the skins should all peel off as you rub them, to speed up the drying process pop them in the oven for 5 - 10 minutes
100g soft salted butter
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp dark rum
150g plain flour, plus extra for rolling out
Icing sugar to serve
1) Heat the oven to 170C/150 fan/ gas 3 and toast the blanched almonds for 5-10 minutes until they are a pale golden colour.
2) Cream the butter, sugar and rum, then sift the flour into the mixture. Roughly chop the almonds and add them to the dough.
3) Once it has all come together - needs to be a soft dough texture. Roll the dough on a floured surface to a 4-5mm thickness and cut out the small cookies with a small cookie cutter (any shape you like!)
4) Freeze the cookies on a baking sheet for 20 minutes to harden.
5) Bake the cookies in the oven for about 20 minutes. Lay out on a cooling rack and sprinkle icing sugar on both sides while they are still warm. When they are cool, sprinkle extra icing sugar to serve.