We're seeking an Assistant Accountant to join Volcano Coffee Works.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Assistant Accountant to join our rapidly growing, ethical coffee company.
We are looking to fill this post as soon as possible and will consider applicants with notice periods of less than 6 weeks.
Who are we?
As one of the leaders of the specialty coffee movement in the UK we pride ourselves on not only roasting the highest quality coffee but championing ethical trade. We are passionate about communicating the virtues of sustainable coffee, both direct to consumers and via our wholesale partners in restaurants and cafes around the world.
We’re a workplace that will support your growth and your career. We provide access to further training, mentoring and personal development. We value our casual working environment, inspiring culture and always maintaining a sense of fun.
As well as the opportunity to have a real impact in a young dynamic industry we’re a rapidly growing business with lots of opportunity and work perks including unlimited coffee (obviously).
Additionally, we offer team incentives and activities, breakfast and lunch provided, L&D opportunities (including CIMA/ACCA funding), 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, two duvet days and a company pension scheme.
You will be a critical member of our talented team covering a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities across multiple business functions. You will play a critical role in the day to day operations of the company finances and will report to our Head of Finance. You will also be actively studying towards the ACCA/CIMA qualification.
The role is suitable for a candidate that shows initiative, has a track record in providing exceptional customer experience, understands the nuts and bolts of accounting, has a commercial mind and who can hit the ground running.
- Assist the Head of Finance in month-end close, including:
- Preparing and posting journals (accruals, prepayments, intercompany, fixed assets)
- Reconciling supplier statements
- P+L reviews and analysis
- Preparation of monthly performance reports
- Purchase and sales invoice processing
- Customer debtor control
- Bank reconciliations, including multi-currency and across different platforms
- Preparing payments runs
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in ad-hoc admin tasks as needed
- Minimum 1 year experience in a relevant role
- Experience using Xero preferable, as well as competent using Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Enthusiasm to learn and a high level of organisation, with an ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
- Team player capable of building strong relationships
- Preferably educated to degree level
- Experience and/or an interest in working for SME’s in FMCG
- Right to work in the United Kingdom
Remuneration and Hours
We are looking to fill this post as soon as possible but will consider applicants with notice periods of less than 6 weeks.
This is a full-time position (9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday).
Competitive salary based on experience.
Please send your CV and a cover letter, including what excites you most about this role to email@example.com.