We're seeking a Technical Assistant to join Volcano Coffee Works.
This is a permanent and full-time Technical Assistant position to provide technical support to our clients and internally.
Who are we?
Volcano Coffee Works is one of the UK's leading small batch coffee roasters based in Brixton, London. We are predominately a wholesale business, supplying some of London’s top restaurants and cafes, as well as burgeoning direct to consumer offering.
We are committed to working with the world’s best coffee producing countries to increase the quality of coffee and the economic development of their communities. Volcano is an agile and fast paced work environment and we seek to attract candidates that thrive in this environment.
We are looking for a full-time Technical Assistant who will provide technical support to our clients and internally. This includes preventative maintenance, basic emergency support and general problem solving on a range of coffee equipment for clients and in-house. The roll will also require a range of client facing and administrative skills, including on-site training for clients and stock management.
Day-to-day you will work on:
- Completing scheduled or preventative maintenance for clients on a range of espresso equipment
- Delivery and install as well as de-rig and uplift of equipment
- Evaluate and assess equipment, and identifying potential problems before they arise
- Troubleshooting equipment problems over the phone or on site
- General logistical support to sales account management and roastery operations
- Coordinate between third party service providers and clients
- Liaising with equipment suppliers
- Accurate tracking and reporting time and work completed
- Ordering and invoicing
- Inventory and asset management
- Excellent interpersonal skills both for dealing with clients and colleagues
- Background in hospitality, preferably specialty coffee
- Ability to work independently; self-directed and results driven
- Good time management skills
- The ability to create and maintain schedules as well as adapt on short notice to accommodate client emergencies
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Must be committed to a delivering a high standard of work
- Able to take direction from multiple sources and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Willing to undertake training to further skillsets as required
- Basic computer skills, including excel
- Valid driver’s license in good standing, and 25 or over for insurance purposes.
- CBT or full motorcycle preferred
- Regularly lift items up to 35kg, and periodically up to 45kg
- Climb ladders
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Travel between clients (walking and use of assorted modes of transport)
Location: Based in Brixton and West Norwood. Working across greater London
Hours: 5 days/40 hours a week
Salary: Based on Experience
Benefits: 22 days Annual Leave
Apply by emailing your CV and cover letter