Digital & E-Commerce Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Brand Director
Location: Brixton / Hybrid
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Digital & E-commerce Marketing Manager. You will be responsible for driving high-quality traffic to site and converting those customers and growing our revenue. You will have a big scope of responsibility to select and optimise the right channels and will be solely responsible for the e-commerce revenue number so this is an exciting opportunity with lots of freedom and opportunity for the right person.
There are many ambitious plans afoot for Volcano Coffee Works over the next two years and it’s a very exciting time to join the business. The team is focused on building the brand and implementing strategic commercial marketing plans across channels to explode growth and build on our strong start so it’s a great time to join
- Hitting revenue, conversion rate, new customer acquisition and lifetime value targets and you get a kick out of beating and going beyond these targets. You are ultimately responsible for the delivery of Volcano Coffee Works digital activity and revenue
- Actively contributing & bringing new ideas to build digital strategy beyond our proven channels and constantly testing our way into new acquisition channels. We are up for trying most things as long as you can build a strong business case and report the numbers.
- Delivering optimised on-site conversion for different segments/journeys in our acquisition strategy (PPC, paid social ads, SEO,) – we are always delivering fantastic experiences for loyal customers & successfully introducing new ones to the brand. You own our website and work with the marketing director to build the most effective communications and product offerings for our customers
- Reporting on all key metrics across acquisition and e-commerce to the business and making recommendations on next steps, via Google Analytics and other data platforms to help understand customer behaviour and purchasings in line with marketing campaigns that will drive eCommerce
- You will be the founding member of the digital and e-comm team and will lead the design and build of an in-house team and find the best talent to bring in-house
Personal Skills / Experience required
- Passion, passion, passion - you love what you do, are good at it and want to make a difference on a scaling brand
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, in the field of digital marketing or eCommerce, ideally on a scaling business
- Thorough understanding of paid search, social advertising, PPC, SEO, and analytics software and you can run these campaigns yourself, not relying on
- Comprehensive knowledge of the digital landscape and e-marketing platforms, ideally with some HTML and/or coding experience.
- Knowledge of managing paid digital marketing campaigns and managing budgets
- Experience with data analytics and reporting with demonstrable experience of optimising campaigns based on insight.
- Experience in building out promotional campaigns to recruit new and excite existing customers
- You are high energy, willing to muck in and role your sleeves up
- You can work quickly and accurately in a small team and don’t wait to be asked
Volcano Coffee Works is one of London’s leading small batch coffee roasters. We are predominately a wholesale business, supplying some of London’s top restaurants and cafes. We believe in environmentally sustainable and ethically traded coffee, and work with partners all over the world who actively engage community-based improvements. Our ethical trading principles ensure that our successes benefit the entire supply chain and beyond, from direct initiatives at origin to local communities here in the UK. We believe that coffee is a force for good!
We are coffee enthusiasts, with a passionate for all things coffee, our people and our clients. Our core values underpin not only who we are but also the way that we operate:
- Be straight up
Be honest in our interactions and stand for what we believe.
- Be invested
Own the final result not just your inputs and invest rather than transact in relationships.
- Be fair and fearless
Award opportunity based on merit and seize, seek and create opportunity.
What we offer
- A casual, fun and supportive work environment within a dynamic and fast-growing industry
- Coffee training.
- Competitive salary and bonus packages.
- 2 Mental Health Days and 1 Charity Day per year, in addition to annual leave.
- Quarterly Wellness programme.
- Company pension.
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch.
- Team incentives and activities.
- A supportive working environment.
- As much coffee as you can drink (at home and work)!
If you are interested in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.