Join the team: Finance assistant / Assistant accountant
Do you want to play a part in a rapidly growing ethical coffee company, as well as being an active member of our friendly and enthusiastic team? Then read on...
The Finance Assistant / Assistant Accountant Role
We are looking for an ambitious, intuitive, and motivated individual to join our team in our Brixton office.
You will be a critical member of our finance team of three covering a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities that impact multiple business functions. With a focus on the company finances, you will work directly with our Accountant and Finance & Operations Director. You will also be working closely and collaboratively with the wider operations and production teams to drive efficiencies and help ensure the needs of our customers and suppliers are met.
The role is suitable for a candidate that shows initiative, has commercial acumen, and who can hit the ground running. You will enjoy working with people and numbers, and enjoy the thrill of dealing with change, growth and new ideas. If you are someone who thrives on getting stuck in and wants to gain exposure to a growing SME, this role is for you. It would be beneficial if you are actively studying towards the ACCA/CIMA qualification.
- Help manage the financial and operational relationships with our suppliers and wholesale customers
- Process purchase and sales invoices
- Assist with customer debtor control
- Perform bank reconciliations, including multi-currency and across different platforms
- Prepare supplier payment runs
- Contribute to weekly and monthly performance reports and presentations
- Assist in the month end close process, including:
- Preparing journals (accruals, prepayments, intercompany, fixed assets)
- Reconciling supplier statements
- P+L reviews and analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Performing ad hoc tasks that support not only the finance function but the wider business.
Experience & Skills
- Experience working in a business environment – you must understand the fundamentals of the finance department
- Intermediate Excel skills (vlookups, PivotTables etc)
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook and Teams
- Beginner’s experience using accounting software (preferable, ideally Xero)
- Experience and/or an interest in working for SME’s in FMCG
- University degree (preferable)
- A high level of organisation with an ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player capable of building strong relationships
- An interest in the coffee industry and wider hospitality industry
Remuneration and Hours
Full time (Monday – Friday). Immediately available, notice periods of less than 6 weeks considered.
Competitive salary based on experience.
The good stuff: team incentives and activities, fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch, L&D opportunities (including CIMA/ACCA funding), 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, 2 mental health days, company pension scheme, free coffee at the office and at home, cycle to work scheme, exposure to experienced business and industry leaders, technology provided and home office kit as needed, phone bills.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Within your cover letter, please specify your salary expectations and specify details of your right to work in the UK.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.